• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Here. Need Help Please

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
It seems everyone is coming up with "protocols" these days. Putting together a list of supplements is not a protocol - it's a regimen.

After you've had extensive clinical experience with patients, and preferably done trials, you might tentatively call your treatment plan a protocol.

I was unfamiliar with the term regimen vs. protocol. Thanks for bringing it to my awareness.

I don't mean to suggest its a treatment plan , tested, or likely to work for anyone other than me or someone with very similar issues. I will add a disclaimer to clarify that.

As a sick person I found some of the information on PR extraordinarily ...and I mean SERIOUSLY confusing. Rich's protocol lists supplements which are no longer manufactured, etc. So I wanted to share what I learned from trial and error

Gondwanaland

@TBrown2 for advice on methylation support it is best to post in the appropriate Forum Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation

Methylation isn't necessarily impaired due to bad genes, but due to bad environment. A genetic disease is something else.

The SNPs help us to navigate thru described symptoms associated with a set of SNPs. This description is based on clinical observation (and self experimentation by the PR members) and those of us in need of methylation support have to hear "it's all in your head" all the time.

student

Hey, dear experts! I look for advice. Help - I am a new-BE student here. My 23&me SNPs are there. What do you see.

What to expect? I have:

(1) Bhmt 02 +/+, Bhmt 08 +/+, // Cbs c699t +/-, Cbs a360a +/- Acat1.02 +/-. as first priority SNPs.

What to do –when? – that means Cbs is well compromised (more so with 2x Bhmts +/+) and Acat +/- . It creats some missuse with waste components in the pathway. Yes, I do get the bowl problems. It itches over my liver.

(2) Other findings: Vdr taq +/+, Mao-A r297r +/+, Mthfr c677t +/+, Mtr a2756g +/+; // Mtrr a664a +/- .

I do use Vitamin D 3. Perhabs I should go higer to 2000 iE daily. The MTRR/ MThFR is a dobble Wak? - what was the praktical meaning. It could mean a missuse of my recources...

The MAOa gives me some problems. I tent to be over aggitated. There are some irritating Reactions of mine. I misread and cause stress – in my social life. How to understand – neurotransmitter. Where to use switches. (I value FIR sauna Carbon. It is said to support BH4 levels.) What helped you – with your simmilar SNPs. Thanks

student

What do you see. This will help K A T H A R I N A. yes – she joint doing the 23&me SNPs. My mouther. (She has the same Mao SNP – like student. see above) What to expect? She will not do methylation.

MaoA r297r, Mtrr a664a, Cbs a360a +/+ (a n d Vdr bsm, Vdr taq, Mthfr c677t, Mthfr a1298c, Mtr a2756g, Mtrr a66g, Bhmt 02, Bhmt 08, Ahcy 01, Ahcy19 +/-).

Detox: ( Cyp1b1 L432v, Cyp1b1 r48g, Cyp2c9.2 c430t, Cyp2c9.3 a1075c, Cyp2d6 s486t, Cyp2d6 100c>t, Gstp1 i105v, Sod2 a16v, Nat2 i114t, Nat2 k268r +/- )

My 90 y old mouther: She survived an bowl operation 2013 (long small bowl segment cut out)– for ileus. A History of arterial hypertention, most likely – after a closure of one gut vessel. / she recouvered well. She is reading a lot. I enjoy her presens.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
Hey, dear experts! I look for advice. Help - I am a new-BE student here. My 23&me SNPs are there. What do you see.

Dear @student, I am not sure anyone on PR is an expert in terms of knowing what to do with 23&me tests. There certainly seems to be no agreement. And it is against the rules of PR to give advice.

student

Hi, dear Jonathan Edwards! I value clinical wisdom and I admire people that still spend there time here. Let me personaly ask for your statement in this matter.

What is your opinion on the works of Dr. S. Myhill lately. I just opened a thread - here-, the other day on her book. Eaven R.v.Konynenburg gave answer 2011 to this. She finds admiration in German CFS „Fatigo Verein“. The conclusions she draws seem straight forward and sometimes simplistique. Her book was translated in my german language and came out well. Though some of here therapy is quite diffrent to a methylation treatment that I find in PR forum. She looks for mitochondrial suport.

So back to me. I personaly have trouble to adjust my neurotransmitter composition / or output. It could have become more dramatique while I have started my methylation substitutes. Some other link sugested B 2 - so I should try this and keep searching. So I do look for sugestions, as well as the general guidlines in interpretation of this SNPs.

Thank you o_O student.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
What is your opinion on the works of Dr. S. Myhill lately. I just opened a thread - here-, the other day on her book. Eaven R.v.Konynenburg gave answer 2011 to this. She finds admiration in German CFS „Fatigo Verein“. The conclusions she draws seem straight forward and sometimes simplistique. Her book was translated in my german language and came out well. Though some of here therapy is quite diffrent to a methylation treatment that I find in PR forum. She looks for mitochondrial suport.

So back to me. .. So I do look for sugestions, as well as the general guidlines in interpretation of this SNPs.

Thank you o_O student.

I think Dr Myhill's practical suggestions are reasonable but I do not think we have good evidence for any problem with mitochondria or methylation in ME. As far as I can see there is no interpretation of the SNPs of relevance to ME, since there is no evidence of a link between SNPs and problems in ME. A lot of genes have common variations but I doubt they are particularly important to well being.

student

My Thanks to you J. Edwards, in London.

See these two schools of thought on methylation/ snp‘s support. So whats with the rift between these two. For the most part everyone here still seems to agree with each other, who's the originators behind the ideas? Is it still Eager FREDds influence with his early search for the uttermost of therapies. I've only begun to make these first stepps here and still trie finding ‚my way‘ through vast quantities of this material.

What do you see, my 23&me SNP's is back

+/+: Mao-A r297r , Mthfr c677t , Mtr a2756g (3x); plus … Mtrr a664a +/- , Vdr taq +/+.

Non of any :thumbsup: detox. +/- Cbs and Acat