• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New here and very sick. Please help:)

Thank you. That makes perfect sense. It's high because it's not going where it needs to to be used!? I ordered some hydroxy off of amazon after the suggestions. Thank you! How long should I wait before knowing if it is helping or not?

tdog333

I think it's different for everyone, but I'd say work yourself up since you said you have a lot of other health issues going on.There are others like fredd who say to just go big on the dose (but with methylb12).

Ben Lynch says:
http://mthfr.net/how-much-methylfolate-should-i-take/2012/03/22/
Don’t Want to Pay for a Lab Test? Rather experiment to see how much Methylfolate you need?
If you have been diagnosed with a MTHFR defect, and you want to try taking some methylfolate, what I recommend trying to do is this:

1. Take small amounts of methylfolate along with methylcobalalmin and work up.
  2. Consider taking 1/2 tablet of Active B12 with Methylfolate. This amount is typically well-tolerated by many.
  3. Increase to a full tablet after 1 week.
  4. Continue to increase the amount taken by 1/2 tablet every 7 days until you feel really good.
  5. If you feel side effects from taking Active B12 with Methylfolate, take 1/10th tablet of Niacin.
  6. Work with your doctor on this and inform them what you are doing.
You don't need to buy his brand specifically, just look at the approx dosages he reccomends.

I'd highly recommend trying ADB12 with the hydroxy or methylb12. http://www.amazon.com/Anabol-Naturals-Dibencoplex-Dibencozide-Effective/dp/B00140XZHU is one link, doesn't matter where you but it but that brand works best. The problem is trying to cut the pill up to the proper dosage.
I think it's best to take the ADB with methylb12 at a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio, everyone is different though and you need to find what works for you, so it's up to you and your Doc to decide all this stuff. I'm just providing information to consider.