• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Group: For PWME also in recovery from alcoholism or other addictions.

warriorseekspeace

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/group.php?groupid=27

I am wriiting to announce the creation of a new group. Just to clarify, this is ideally a group for people who already know they are alchoholics/ addicts in recovery, just seeking to connect with each other here, as it may be difficult to make our regular face-to-face meetings.

The purpose for this group is to allow people to communicate with each other and share about working a spiritual program of recovery, applying those principles to our daily lives, to combat that disease: addiction, or alcoholism.

This is not meant to be a discussion or debate of anyone's "views" on addiction, or on any certain substance, or on the use of specific medications in general. If this group is for you, you already know it - not trying to convince anyone of anything. Just a group for people to get together, who are living with another "condition" in addition to ME/ CFS, just as it might be nice for people dealing with, say, cancer and ME/CFS to ocnnect and share experience, strength, and hope.

Here is the description on the group page:

Please private message me if you are interested in joining this group. I am doing it this way as I see "invitation only" as the most private option, to encourage participation.
I am creating this group for PWC/ PWME involved in or interested in 12-step recovery programs for alcoholism or addiction.
I am wondering whether anyone else has had similar experience to my own, that having this illness makes it difficult for recovering persons to make connections, or stay connected in face-to-face meetings. This can amplify the already severe isolation we so often experience. For a person recovering from addictions, fellowship with others doing the same has been found to be especially important.
I have a solid foundation in recovery, and wish to be of service to others who may be experiencing some of the hardships I have had to battle, by creating a place here to ommunicate, network, discuss, share experience, strength, and hope, and possibly accompany each otherto formal 12-step meeings online as well.
While this group cannot technically be a "meeting," and will not be in one specific fellowship, it will not be able to be held to the anonymity and other "traditions" of various programs, but I am getting support from PR staff to find ways to make it as private as possible, such as having the screennames of group members not visible to non-members, and of course, having content only visible to group members.
It is important to mention, however, that the owner and board members of Phoenix Rising will always be able to see all posts, so they are not actually confidential.

Again, the link to the group is

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/group.php?groupid=27