• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New GP Guidelines for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

alex3619

To be fair, I think that happens everywhere. I mean how many individuals have been held to account for the meltdown in the global financial system? Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone. On the contrary. Most of the perpetrators are still receiving obscene bonuses as a reward for their corrupt, self-serving, unethical behaviour. They all hide under the banner of collective responsibility, or blame it on "the system".

And another favourite get out of jail card for people in positions of power and responsibility who screw up is for them to claim they were only "acting in good faith". That phrase always infuriates me. It's basically a coded way of saying they can do whatever they damn well please (and not be held to account) as long as it can't be proven to involve extreme negligence and/or outright criminality.

Hi orion, this is summed up in the phrase: "Its only a crime if you get caught." Bye, Alex

alex3619

well as I keep moaning about, major problem with our entire species is, in social context, most folk always kow-tow to the "group's gestalt/orthodoxy"
Forget name for that bit of pschological weakness, at present, sigh

Hi Silverblade, in part this is why I prefer reason and logic. The majority view is appealing but so often wrong, or distorted, or there to serve their own interests with no basis in fact. I see this in science also - consensus views in science are frequently wrong, hard data and good reasoning is the only way to avoid this problem. Quoting dozens of people who believe in a view is not good evidence, though it is pursuasive to many. I tend to trust scientific data unless it can be shown to be fraudulent. I don't have to trust what they say about it however.

Bye, Alex