• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Court Case: Mikovits v. Whittemore Peterson Institute, The

JT1024

It would be best for everyone if Mikovits moved on. She didn't find it. Our field does not need more scandal over XMRV. Things went incredibly sour for her in Reno. If she is the scientist she claims to be, she needs to be absorbed in science, not more drama.

I could not disagree with you more Kati. There are numerous valid reasons for this lawsuit.

Ho hum. This is so difficult. Can we not just have information about the court case without rehashing old history that just causes upset and stress on the forums. I would like to hear from all parties and the Whittemores have not said boo since the arrest. I am looking forward to reading Judy's book. I will follow any court case with interest. In the end, the more information we have, the better.
I could not agree more Kina Well said!

JT1024

Ho Hum.... I could not disagree with you more.

There is a reason the Whittemore's have been silent and IMHO, it is not because they are being humble or more righteous. I hope and pray the truth of their deceptions become public.

It is sad for me to post that I feel completely censored in what I can post on PR. This is not new since I've witnessed many things over the years. Posts on certain subjects seem to provoke responses from "members" suspected of being trolls years ago. Regardless of posts made, the board of PR, moderators, and members will find out who has patient interests at heart going forward.

Enough said.

Kati

Patient in training
Everybody here is entitled to an opinion, even if you don't share it, @JT1024. That's the big difference from other forums where you'd either bully, or get bullied.

My opinion remains that this field need less drama, more science.

Last edited:

duncan

I think I can appreciate what you're saying Kati, but if AIDS activists had embraced your formula 30 years ago, I don't think the strides made in HIV treatments would have materialized.

Besides, many of us who lived through those events, were touched by them intimately, can lend testimony to the fact that drama was provided by several parties. The bizarre and frenetic chain reaction of events would be very difficult to trace back to see precisely what strings were pulled by whom to provide that drama.

Regardless, we all are pushing for more Science.

Undisclosed

Ho Hum.... I could not disagree with you more.

There is a reason the Whittemore's have been silent and IMHO, it is not because they are being humble or more righteous. I hope and pray the truth of their deceptions become public.

It is sad for me to post that I feel completely censored in what I can post on PR. This is not new since I've witnessed many things over the years. Posts on certain subjects seem to provoke responses from "members" suspected of being trolls years ago. Regardless of posts made, the board of PR, moderators, and members will find out who has patient interests at heart going forward.

Enough said.

I find it puzzling when I read things like this. I didn't intend to suggest that the Whittemore's silence is down to being humble or 'more righteous'. Unless, you have spoken to the Whittemores directly anything said about them is mere speculation. I would like to come to my own conclusions about what went on and to come to any kind of informed conclusion and that would involve hearing from all parties involved, not just one person. I pretty well tackle most things in life by wanting to know both sides and then forming some kind of conclusion from there.

A troll is not a member who doesn't like Judy Mikovits or questions her results or what she has done. We all have witnessed many things over the years and the arguing goes on and on. It's a court case that will hopefully shed some light on all of this.