• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Canadian Minister of Health needs to hear from us this week

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
Hi friends,

In Canada, Dr Jane Philpott has been appointed our new Minister of Health by the new Justin Trudeau liberal govt. She has a great interest in another plague, HIV/AIDS - so parallels can be drawn. There are signs of change!

Although they have only been in power 5 days, the new govt is acting quickly (in the right direction) to make changes on a number of issues. The old govt invested zero dollars in m.e. research this year. Out with the old and in with the new!

Funding for m.e. research needs to get on Dr Philpott's radar this week as she will be reviewing the portfolio and determining where to focus her efforts - so with that in mind, please help us let Dr Philpott know how much need there is for biomedical m.e. research.

Some quick points:
Over 400k Canadians suffering with m.e., but zero research funding.
M.E. is ignored, like HIV was ignored.
Canadians need leadership from our new Minister of Health.

Dr. Jane Philpott, Minister of Health, Canada

email:
minister_ministre@hc-sc.gc.ca

twitter:
@janephilpott
@HealthCanada

Thanks for helping us try to get m.e. funding in Canada!

SOC

Drs Klimas and Kaufman both came to ME/CFS from a background working with HIV/AIDS, I believe. Perhaps that's a lead-in for an approach to Dr Phillpot....