• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New BBC 'functional medicine' series

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Yet again I bemoan the fact that we do not have a 'diet' sub-forum!

This is an interesting article on the website of the Alliance for Natural Health (ANH). As I say ad nauseam, I don't agree with everything they say, but I do agree with a lot, especially their dietary recommendations.

25 November 2015
By Rob Verkerk PhD, founder, executive & scientific director

First paragraph reads:
Last Thursday at 9:00 GMT, the first of three-part landmark series, Doctor in the House, went to air on BBC1 television. In it, NHS GP, functional medicine practitioner and Nuhealth2 conference think tank participant, Dr Rangan Chatterjee, lit the touch papers that could be an important trigger for how chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and obesity are managed at the coal-face of primary care. The approach is equally relevant for mental health issues such as depression and anxiety, now rated by the WHO as the single greatest burden on healthcare systems the world over.

perchance dreamer

This doctor's recommendations for getting rid of sweets and refined carbs and increasing physical activity certainly make sense.

By the way, I wonder how tall this handsome doctor is? He towers over the family is he standing with.