• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

new article "Retrovirus XMRV and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome".

Jody

I have a new article up on empowher.com called "Retrovirus XMRV and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome".

http://www.empowher.com/news/herarticle/2009/10/13/retrovirus-xmrv-and-chronic-fatigue-syndrome

By way of encouragement for those who are feeling so aware of the people who are not interested -- my editor Tina sent me a link to a New York Times article on the subject. She was very happy that I could write two articles on the subject this week. I will have another one to go up on Thursday.

She also said she would be very interested in what my thoughts are on all this as a CFS sufferer.

One more for our side. :)

K

_Kim_

Your writing is so clear

Wonderful job on the article! You've synthesized the XMRV information down to a very understandable and informative piece. Please keep writing. Your contributions are so essential.

KC22

Jody..

Great article!!! You have a real gift at writing.

Not only can you write, but you are funny, too. (two gifts):)

Jody

Thanks everybody.

It was a bit daunting writing this piece. There is already so much out there that has so much detail to it.

I felt rather like the kid who brought in her essay late, crumpled with peanut butter on it, and icky from being dropped in a mud puddle on the way to school. :)

Plus, for empowher.com, it has a 400 word max. which may sound like a lot but when you're trying to really cover a topic 400 words is just enough to be really frustrating.

So I just covered what I knew about the basics. And tried to define some terms for the non-science brains (like mine).

I drew on Cort's stuff here unashamedly. :D

And the first paragraph was inspired by a conversation from the forums between Koan and a couple other posters who were trying to remember what the blasted retrovirus' name was. :p

So thanks for helping me write my article. It's racking up the hits right now, as I'm sure all articles on this subject are doing.

Hot topic.

Jody

Hey all,

This article has been viewed by over 1,000 people in a day and a half on empowher.com. And the hits don't seem to be slowing down.

Nice for me. :D

And nice for all of us, as it is just one small indication that there is a great interest and hunger for this information about our illness.

MEKoan

Hey all,

This article has been viewed by over 1,000 people in a day and a half on empowher.com. And the hits don't seem to be slowing down.

Yay, Jody!!!

Who's our very own little awareness scribe, then?

:rolleyes:

you are!

Jody

Thanks Koan,

This forums seems to be the home of a great many writers, though.

Fantastic to have so many in our ranks who can give voice to our illness and take us out of invisibility into ... the spotlight.

Summer

Hey all,

Nice for me. :D

And nice for all of us, as it is just one small indication that there is a great interest and hunger for this information about our illness.

That's so awesome!!!!! :) :D

Jody

Summer,

Yeah, it's really encouraging.

And also encouraging that there are a billion articles like this on the net right now and they are all being eaten up by a hungry public.

Oh yeah. :D