• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

new article "Chronic Kidney Disease -- Watching Out for the Signs"

Jody

I wrote a new article for empowher.com called Chronic Kidney Disease -- Watching Out for the Signs.

Some of us have less than healthy kidneys, I for one used to have kidney infections like clock work every winter when I was a kid. And some of the symptoms listed here are things I deal with or have dealt with in the recent past. Numbness, fluid retention, itchiness, cramping muscles, fatigue ...

I don't know if that tells me there's been something wrong with my kidneys. Lots of conditions can cause similar symptoms. But it got my attention.:rolleyes:

xchocoholic

Jody,

I have what I consider to be chronic kidney disease but mine showed up as kidney stones and repeat UTIs. I never had high blood pressure or swelling. The low oxalate diet and AZO are keeping this under control. KOW ... I just wonder how many of those with chronic kidney disease actually have small stones but don't realize it ... I wouldn't have known about mine if I hadn't gotten a stone that was too big to pass and required Lithrotripsy. My smaller stones that I can pass only produce UTI symptoms including burning and frequent urination.

Jody

xchocoholic

That sucks about the kidney stones and chronic kidney disease.

Sounds like you have things somewhat under control though. Glad to hear that.:Retro smile:

Jody

Thanks for that info Jody. I think that's very important for us to know. We do have kidney issues as ME causes problems for every organ in the body.

I keep getting surprised at all the areas of cfs dysfunction that keep popping up. You'd think by now I'd be over being surprised.:rolleyes: