• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Neurotropin for fibromyalgia.

voner

Here's a new patent application that interests me (hopefully everyone can read access the site):

http://www.freshpatents.com/-dt20110630ptan20110160434.php

Fibromyalgia test method description/claims

The Patent Description & Claims data below is from USPTO Patent Application 20110160434, Fibromyalgia test method.

Here's a clip from the patent application:
//////////////////
..DISCLOSURE OF THE INVENTION

Problem to be Solved by the Invention

An object of the present invention to provide a method for diagnosing or testing for fibromyalgia with a specific peptide in the blood as an indicator, as well as a method for effectively evaluating or assessing a fibromyalgia drug with the peptide as an indicator.
Means for Solving the Problem

The inventors carried out peptidome analysis on blood from fibromyalgia patient and healthy subject, compared the amounts of peptides expressed in both serum samples, and discovered peptides that demonstrate expression amounts that are specific to the disease. The present invention is a method for diagnosing or testing for fibromyalgia using such peptides as indicators (biomarkers).
Effects of the Invention

The present invention provides a method for diagnosing or testing for fibromyalgia using as an indicator (biomarker) a peptide that demonstrates a specific expression amount in the blood of a fibromyalgia patient. In addition, it provides a method for evaluating or assessing the effect of a test drug on fibromyalgia with the expression amounts in blood of these peptides against fibromyalgia as indicators. .

///////////////////////

What interests me is that these are the people researching Neurotropin. Neurotropin is a nonprotein extract isolated from inflamed skin of rabbits inoculated with vaccinia virus. According to what I've read, it's widely used for treating pain conditions in Japan including neuropathic pain, Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome, etc.. It has not been approved in the United States, but the company Nippon Ziko has funded a research center at the University of South Carolina -- Konishi-MUSC Institute for Inflammation Research to research potential uses for Neurotropin and to work towards approval in the United States of this vaccine.

There's an NIH study are to going on with Neurotropin, but there's not much information I can dig up on it.

here is a Snippet from Konishi-MUSC Institute for Inflammation Research's description of Neurotropin.

//////////////

Neurotropin, which is a unique biologic product that inhibits the formation of bradykinin, an inflammatory peptide of importance in a wide spectrum of human disease. Neurotropin is being employed in in-vitro and in-vivo protocols that assess its functions as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory compound.

//////////////////////

The antidotal reports on The effectiveness ofNeurotropin in Japan are very good. I'd love to hear of anybody that has any reports or information on the use of it in Japan. Many of us live with some pretty intolerable pain, and if they use Neurotropin with some success on Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome, and neuropathic pain -- that's a great sign.

That's all I know and love to hear if anybody else knows anything more. I've tried to research Neurotropin numerous times -- and I just come up against a blank wall. Anybody out there with any interest or information?

anybody want to comment?