Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Netflix Original “The Bleeding Edge”

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by leokitten, Jul 29, 2018.

1. leokitten

leokitten Senior Member

Maryland
    I’m watching this now and wow, the amount of life-altering devastation these poor women and men have suffered due to being implanted with inadequately tested medical devices gone wrong reminds me, in a way, to what we’ve gone through with ME/CFS.

Check out “The Bleeding Edge” on Netflix
    https://www.netflix.com/title/80170862

I didn’t realize how messed up the medical device approval system is here in this country. Profit & greed, profit & greed, that’s all that matters in the USA.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    sb4, Rlman, ebethc and 7 others like this.
  2. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    leokitten, alkt and Gingergrrl like this.
  3. leokitten

leokitten Senior Member

Maryland
  4. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @leokitten My step-daughter and I just watched "The Bleeding Edge" on Netflix tonight (thank you for the recommendation!) and it was gut-wrenching.

The corruption of the medical device industry is as bad (or worse) than Big Pharma. My heart broke for several of the women in that film, and parts were hard to watch, but it looks like at least one product will be pulled off the US market by the end of 2018 b/c of the advocacy of those women.

It never ceases to amaze me when medications or medical devices have been pulled off the market world-wide yet are allowed to continue to be sold/ used in the US without any safety warnings.

leokitten likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.