• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Needing WAY more mB12 than mFolate?

bigmillz

The plot thickens (again).

I've been feeling pretty great just taking 5mg mB12 and 1.5g TMG for a while now. But the past few weeks, I've become more and more tired, and started just feeling unwell again. After studying my log for an eternity, I decided to give mFolate one more shot, just starting at a lower dose than I previously used. But I don't want to go off on a tangent here.

After a few days, combined with previous trials, I'm noticing that the higher the dose, the worse I tolerate mFolate. Like 800mcg/day last time was too much - anxiety, headaches, and then a crash. But for a couple days, I feel better than ever.

This time, 400mcg/day is proving to be too much as well, but the side effects aren't as bad as higher doses. I've tried up to 15mg in the past, with even higher doses just turning me into an angry zombie. I feel really great right now, but I'm a little over-energized, anxious, and have a bit of a short fuse.

I'm wondering if I was wrong again, and can tolerate mFolate, but that I need a super low dose.

My question is: is it totally abnormal to tolerate 5mg of mB12 yet 400mcg of mFolate is too much?

Last edited: