• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Need help interpreting 23andMe results.

Help! Because of severe neck pain, my time on a computer is limited to a few minutes a day. As I am sure you can imagine, this makes performing any research terribly challenging. I would be extremely grateful for any assistance analyzing my data.

METHYLATION

homozygous:
BHMT-02 rs567754 TT
BHMT-04 rs617219 CC
BHMT-08 rs651852 TT

heterozygous:
VDR Bsm rs1544410 CT
VDR Taq rs731236 AG
MAO-A R297R rs6323 GT
MTRR A66G rs1801394 AG
MTHFR C677T rs1801133 AG
AHCY-01 rs819147 CT
AHCY-02 rs819134 AG
AHCY-19 rs819171 CT
CBS A360A rs234706 AG

DETOX

homozygous:
CYP1B1 L432V rs1056836 GG
NAT2 I114T rs1801280 CC
NAT2 K268R rs1208 GG

heterozygous:
CYP1B1 R48G rs10012 CG
CYP2C19*17 rs12248560 CT
CYP2D6 S486T rs1135840 CG
CYP2D6 100C>T rs1065852 AG
CYP2E1*1B 9896C>G. Rs2070676 CG
GSTP1 I105V rs1695 AG

Thank you!

Misfit Toy

Mercy, "Living Wellness" on Facebook...the guy's name is Thane. He studied Yasko's work and Rich V's. He can help you with this. It's not expensive. He has put me on a simple protocol to start. Just a thought. Best of luck!

Mercy, "Living Wellness" on Facebook...the guy's name is Thane. He studied Yasko's work and Rich V's. He can help you with this. It's not expensive. He has put me on a simple protocol to start. Just a thought. Best of luck!
Thanks for the info, Misfit Toy. I will check him out.

caledonia

You have one First Priority mutation which is the CBS A360A. That's the minor one and you're only hetero for that, so it may or may not be an issue by itself. However, the BHMT 2 and 4 can add to CBS and even cause CBS type problems even if you don't have the SNP.

You can check your sulfate levels with CTL scientific sulfate strips. Signs and symptoms of problem would be problems with sulfur containing foods/meds/supps and/or a stress/anxiety reaction when starting methyl containing supps (B12, folate, TMG).

Address CBS before starting on the rest of the SNPs. The Heartfixer page has a good CBS protocol. I did that protocol and was successful with it. The only change I made was to use the Free Thiol diet instead of a low sulfur diet.

Once you have that taken care of, everything else should be pretty straight forward. So some methylfolate, some B12, TMG, etc. and the various co-factors. You may be able to simply do Rich's simplified protocol with some tweaks on the kind of B12*.

The AHCYs are supposed to take care of themselves if you address the rest of the methylation cycle.

With VDR bsm you should get your vitamin D levels checked.

*The VDR taq will work with COMT to suggest what kind of B12 to take. Yasko has a nice chart on her Simplified Roadmap. So that would be all three kinds of B12 (hydroxy, adenosyl, and methyl) with less methyl.

I have links to all the things mentioned in my signature.

You have one First Priority mutation which is the CBS A360A. That's the minor one and you're only hetero for that, so it may or may not be an issue by itself. However, the BHMT 2 and 4 can add to CBS and even cause CBS type problems even if you don't have the SNP.

You can check your sulfate levels with CTL scientific sulfate strips. Signs and symptoms of problem would be problems with sulfur containing foods/meds/supps and/or a stress/anxiety reaction when starting methyl containing supps (B12, folate, TMG).

Address CBS before starting on the rest of the SNPs. The Heartfixer page has a good CBS protocol. I did that protocol and was successful with it. The only change I made was to use the Free Thiol diet instead of a low sulfur diet.

Once you have that taken care of, everything else should be pretty straight forward. So some methylfolate, some B12, TMG, etc. and the various co-factors. You may be able to simply do Rich's simplified protocol with some tweaks on the kind of B12*.

The AHCYs are supposed to take care of themselves if you address the rest of the methylation cycle.

With VDR bsm you should get your vitamin D levels checked.

*The VDR taq will work with COMT to suggest what kind of B12 to take. Yasko has a nice chart on her Simplified Roadmap. So that would be all three kinds of B12 (hydroxy, adenosyl, and methyl) with less methyl.

I have links to all the things mentioned in my signature.

Thank you, Caledonia! I really appreciate that you took the time to look over my results. It sounds pretty straightforward the way you described it.