• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nebulized glutathione & negative feedback loop

helen1

I'm wondering if anyone's had any experience nebulizing glutathione for pneumonia and especially if anyone knows whether doing so would cause a negative feedback loop with glutathione production.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Clarification - Am I correct in interrupting that you nebulizing glutathione during an pneumonia infection?

I'm guessing here when I say that nebulizing anything (except albuterol) in the lungs during a bout of pneumonia might not be recommended. Once the infection is well on its way to clearing a persons lungs might be just as effective and not carry the risk on prolonging the pneumonia. I'm probably looking at this wrong as I'm just going by experience form a couple of past pneumonia infections with my children when younger.

Physicians just seem to be very guarded when it comes to introducing anything in the lungs (except albuterol) when a pneumonia infection has its hold on the lungs.

I would certainly like to hear other opinions as well!

helen1

Yes, chronic low grade c.pneumoniae.

It appears any form of glutathione will reduce endogenous production. So won't be nebulizing.