• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NCI Director Dr. Harold Varmus Contact Info: harold.varmus@mail.nih.gov

muffin

Recall the rumor from someone high up in NCI about staying away from ME/CFS and sticking to Prostate Cancer only? Remember that schmuck at the CFSAC from NCI who lied about contamination of the study? Well, here is the name, email, and telephone number for the director of NCI (www.cancer.gov). Email him and tell him we know they are playing games too with Retrovirus research on ME/CFS. I believed that someone "got" to that moron at CFSAC and it seems that someone did get to him - NO ME/CFS research - stick to prostate cancer. Question and call them on this rumor. None of the Federal government health orgs should be staying away from Retrovirus research and/or ME/CFS anymore. Question him...

Contact information for Dr. Harold Varmus, Director of the NCI. Dr. Varmus can be reached by e-mail at harold.varmus@mail.nih.gov or by telephone at 301-496-5615.

For future reference, you may wish to search for contact information on the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Telephone and Services Directory Web page, which can be found at http://teledirectory.nih.gov on the Internet.