Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NCF funds research on cyanobacteria and Agrobacterium and its molecular basis

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by leelaplay, Dec 23, 2009.

1. leelaplay

leelaplay member

Alan Cocchetto's submission to co-cure was posted Dec 13 09

I have so much catching up to do. I've never heard of this group.

redrachel76 likes this.
  2. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

I just got back my ubiome results and cyanobacteria is listed as one of the unusual flora.....Is this something I should pursue? @alicec

3. redrachel76

redrachel76 Senior Member

Israel
    What is ubiome?
    I have never heard of it.

4. alicec

alicec Senior Member

Australia
    Cyanobacteria are one of the minor phyla present in the gut at low levels in some individuals. They are normal gut constituents.

Like many of the minor phyla constituents, not much is known about function in the gut. Here is a study.

redrachel76 likes this.
  5. alicec

alicec Senior Member

Australia
    uBiome (the u is really the greek letter mu, short for micro) is a SanFrancisco based company which identifies human microbiome constituents by DNA sequencing. It started out as a citizen scientist type project whereby anyone can order tests and be given the results to interpret themselves.

More recently they have added a couple of more specific tests where interpretation is offered, but these must be ordered through a doctor and results are sent to the doctor.

redrachel76 likes this.
  6. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    Was just looking at cyanobacteria found in lakes it makes BMAA replacing l serine causing misfolded proteins

7. S-VV

S-VV

I have a hunch that agrobacterium, used to genetically modify plants, will be proven to play a bigger role in chronic disease than was suspected.

Not too long ago, there was "no evidence" of horizontal gene transfer from agrobacterium to human cells. Now there is.

However, decades will have to pass before any of it's damaging effects will be recognized. Just imagine all the lawsuits against Monsanto & co.

See more popular forum discussions.