• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

National ME/FM Action Network reports on the Symposium and Conference

Ember

National ME/FM Action Network
March 19

"Its been a long but interesting day. We attended a symposium on ME/CFS sponsored by the Stanford University School of Medicine...."

More...

IACFS/ME Patient Day

"Another long day today. We started this morning at 8:00am and went through to 6:00pm. What stood out for me today was the impressive quality of the professionals who are working so hard in research, support and providing information on ME/CFS...."

More...

IACFS/ME Conference Day 2
Admittedly, my attention span is decreasing. Today’s presentations were medical in nature although I was able to follow along with some of them....

A new and interesting development occurred today. Margaret Parlor, our wonderful president, took advantage of an opportunity and organized a luncheon meeting. In attendance were Dr Hani El-Gabalawy and Liz Stirling from the Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR) along with Dr Alison Bested, Dr David Patrick, Dr John Molot, Dr Ellie Stein and Margaret. The outcome of this meeting was that CIHR has committed to holding (and funding) a workshop to discuss research priorities before the end of this calendar year.
More...

March 22

"The report today will be a little short. The conference went all day and the awards dinner was tonight.

We have discovered a few more Canadians here...."

More...

March 23
As mentioned in one of the status reports from the conference, CIHR have agreed to a workshop this year on research.

It would be very appropriate to write the two delegates to thank them for their interest and their commitment to moving forward, and to emphasize the importance of action. Please send your email to mefminfo@mefmaction.com with "Thank you CIHR" in the subject line and we will forward your emails to Dr El-Gabalawy and Ms Stirling.