• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nancy Klimas Speaking Tour in New Zealand -Agenda

Jill

http://www.anzmes.org.nz/invitation.html

For any kiwis on the site - please note to check the venue in your city on the website. Some are medical meetings some public.

Nancy has a jam packed schedule as you can see. She has been VERY giving of her time and is spanning the country in a week. The places that have missed out on a public meeting had her speak in 1996 or Charles Lapp a few years ago. The Society is trying to utilise her time as best possible in the given time. they sent a press release out on Co-cure , but if any one can contact the media - please do so and pass this information onto your networks of people - patients and drs. I'm unsure which seminars will be videoed. I'm sure someone will try to organise it if at all possible.

OverTheHills

Woo Hoo

Very Very Pleased about this.

The meeting in my town is a medical one and I'm not sure whether I will be able to get to any of the others. But I've slept on it and so far my sub conscious has said:

PUBLICITY TO MEDICS
1. I am going to write to my GP and beg her to go
2. I am going to contact my local ME group (who are as much use as the proverbial chocolate teapots) and check that they are getting their membership to write to their GPs similarly
3. I am going to see what the national ME group are doing about publicising it to the hospital and medical school here, and volunteer to help with that if needs be.

OTHER STUFF
1. I am going to see whether I will be allowed in officially to take notes for the patient organisation; I don't believe a CME aimed at doctors, practice nurses etc with little knowledge of ME & XMRV will be that far above my head.
2. If not I may try to sneak in late sneakily

Any suggestions for other or better activities - although its only about 2 weeks away I want to do what I can.

OTH

Yes Tauranga is doing a video and I think one other centre. Also Hamilton may do one. the Auckland and Hamilton ones are open to the public, so all welcome.

http://www.anzmes.org.nz/invitation.html

For any kiwis on the site - please note to check the venue in your city on the website. Some are medical meetings some public.

Nancy has a jam packed schedule as you can see. She has been VERY giving of her time and is spanning the country in a week. The places that have missed out on a public meeting had her speak in 1996 or Charles Lapp a few years ago. The Society is trying to utilise her time as best possible in the given time. they sent a press release out on Co-cure , but if any one can contact the media - please do so and pass this information onto your networks of people - patients and drs. I'm unsure which seminars will be videoed. I'm sure someone will try to organise it if at all possible.