• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mycoplasma Testing

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Does anyone know of a doctor or a laboratory that does Mycoplasma and
Ureaplasma urealyticum
testing and/or treatment? In particular these three strains of Mycoplasma: M. fermentans, M. Hominis, and M. Genitalium?

At one time I read of a clinic that treats Chronic Lyme and Mycoplasma infections, but I can not find it again. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Please and Thank You?

Misfit Toy

My doctor, William Kracht in PA. Woodlands Healing Research Center. I was diagnosed back in 2002. Also, Deborah Metzger in San Francisco area. She is a GYN/endocrinologist, but she feels that many womens problems originate due to a faulty immune system. She is out of pocket. She diagnosed me with Mycoplasma Fermentans. The treatment was brutal with antibiotics. IV antibiotics. I don't recommend it. I felt no better afterwards. Ironically, it didn't make the infection go away, but then a few years later I was tested and it came back negative.

I also did dioxychlor. Not as horrible as antibiotics. Other people may do well with the antibiotics, but I developed a major candida problem that took me years to undo.

You can always email Woodlands Healing Research Center and they can tell you the lab they use/the testing so you can find someone closer to you.

Thinktank

I've been tested low positive IgG against mycoplasma but not specific to which strain. I'm also very interested in knowing if there's any private lab that can test specifics.

Ureaplasma urealyticum

testing and/or treatment? In particular these three strains of Mycoplasma: M. fermentans, M. Hominis, and M. Genitalium?

At one time I read of a clinic that treats Chronic Lyme and Mycoplasma infections, but I can not find it again. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Please and Thank You?

Since you live in the US it's better to ask Dr. Garth Nicolson https://www.facebook.com/dr.garth.nicolson
His lab used to test for Mycoplasmas but he stopped doing this a while ago. He will advise you about labs that are reliable for this testing in the US if you send him a message on FB. He replies fairly quickly.You can ask him anything on this topic, he's very experienced and knowledgeable.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
My doctor, William Kracht in PA. Woodlands Healing Research Center. I was diagnosed back in 2002. Also, Deborah Metzger in San Francisco area. She is a GYN/endocrinologist, but she feels that many womens problems originate due to a faulty immune system. She is out of pocket. She diagnosed me with Mycoplasma Fermentans. The treatment was brutal with antibiotics. IV antibiotics. I don't recommend it. I felt no better afterwards. Ironically, it didn't make the infection go away, but then a few years later I was tested and it came back negative.

I also did dioxychlor. Not as horrible as antibiotics. Other people may do well with the antibiotics, but I developed a major candida problem that took me years to undo.

You can always email Woodlands Healing Research Center and they can tell you the lab they use/the testing so you can find someone closer to you.

Thank you for the information. Maybe it would be worth a travel. What is dioxychlor, if you don't mind me asking?

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Since you live in the US it's better to ask Dr. Garth Nicolson https://www.facebook.com/dr.garth.nicolson
His lab used to test for Mycoplasmas but he stopped doing this a while ago. He will advise you about labs that are reliable for this testing in the US if you send him a message on FB. He replies fairly quickly.You can ask him anything on this topic, he's very experienced and knowledgeable.

Thanks Katherine. I tried Dr. Nicolson via e-mail years ago and he told me he did not treat anyone who did not have Gulf War disease and he did not know of anyone else.

Misfit Toy

Thank you for the information. Maybe it would be worth a travel. What is dioxychlor, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi Mya, to be honest, I don't know what dioxychlor is really. It's a natural way of killing bacteria. I would google it. That was a long time ago. I think it helped, that's what I know.

Misfit Toy

Mya Symons-here's what dioxychlor is.

"Dioxychlor DC3 is used extensively to treat bacterial, viral and fungal infections.

This is American Biologics' proprietary and well researched oxidizing agent. DC-3 has little or no stimulation of the free radical cascade, and is an excellent support to the treatment of intracellular viral states, Candida albicans, environmental toxicity, etc.*

Dioxychlor is a natural antibiotic that kills bacteria by supplying generous amounts of oxygen to bacteria that normally thrive in little or no oxygen. It is an effective antiviral, antibacterial and angifungal product. By administering Dioxychlor, the immune system is assisted in carrying out the normal body process of defense against invading microorganisms, with little or no toxicity to normal tissues. Research studies from around the world indicate that the product is extremely effective when used on the following conditions: Gum inflammation (periodontitis) Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) Candida Albicans Immune System Problems. The research on Dioxychlor is still ongoing and as more exciting news is discovered research papers will be updated. Dioxychlor Formula: A specially formulated homeopathic-dilution of oxidized natrium chloride containing biologically important trace minerals. This product contains no sugar, starch, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors and is yeast, corn, rice, milk and gluten-free. When using DC3 internally, always be sure to simultaneously be taking a lactobacillus acidophilus product.*"

Creekee

I've recently starting seeing a nurse practitioner who specializes in chronic infections. She's dxd mycoplasma infection based on extremely high IgG number. And is willing to treat, based on same. One of the things she's recommending is a transfer factor (Plasmyc). Does anyone have any experience with that? So far (three capsules over six days) it's kickin' my butt...

Ureaplasma urealyticum

yes, Labcorp does it: https://www.labcorp.com/test-menu/search?query=Mycoplasma, Quest does it: https://testdirectory.questdiagnostics.com/test/results?q=Mycoplasma

You would also need to find a doctor to order the full gamet of tests, in my experience, those have a tendency to be concierge doctors and thus I found that I tell them the justifications for testing and since I was paying them and the insurance covered all of the tests, they had no problem doing them.

You can also read my lyme article and how I got cured: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/my-experience-with-lyme-disease.83923/, looking forward to replies and any questions you have.