• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mycoplasma PCR testing UK - where?

helperofearth123

Hi all,
I've had CFS 3 years and improved dramatically after antiboitics for appendicitis 18 months ago, but relapsed 6 weeks later. Since then I have asked my GP to test for mycoplasma, he did the test and it came back negative, but I don't think he tested for all species of mycoplasma and I think it was done via the iga antibodies method and not the more sensitive PCR method. I'm trying to find a lab that will test for all the mycoplasma species with PCR testing.

Can anyone recommend a good lab in the UK for this?

I've just started a week long course of doxycyline for chronic sinusitus and already seem to be feeling better after only 24 hours so I'm afraid of coming off this corse in 6 days and want to get my blood taken and tested for mycoplasma asap to help guide further consumption of doxy in the near future!

Thanks

Matthew

Edit: I've found this place, has anyone used them?
http://www.surrey-diagnostics.co.uk/mycopl.htm