• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My trip to the Charite in Berlin

sarah darwins

Part 5 up for those who'd like something for the weekend.

Fabulous. But what a cliffhanger!!

Will TiredSam prevail? Is the Charite just a front for the sinister BPS cabal? Will we have to wait until October for the next season? I don't know but I'm hooked. It's like The Blacklist, only with questionnaires.

Last edited:

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
@TiredSam - you don't/didn't used to work in marketing do/did you?

The community needs your skills - you certainly have created the first ever buzz around a blog that I have seen.
Well thank-you. No, I never worked in marketing. I haven't really done any writing for a long time, but am really enjoying it at the moment. It's something I can do from the sofa. The cliff-hanger thing and the buzz was an accident, I wanted to write a detailed blog but it was too much work to do all in one go, hence the installments.

I'm loving it, and would be very happy to do more of this type of thing.

TiredSam

Yes, do look forward to your instalments, ol' man. But shucks, did they help you those folks. Please give can indicator.
*Spoiler Alert*

They currently have no treatment or cure to offer me. I consider my trip there to have been beneficial in a number of ways, but if you're reading my blog hoping it's going to end with a treatment or cure other than keep up the pacing, it ain't gonna happen. I'm very sorry to have read about your daughter, and wouldn't want my blog to be stringing you along with false hope. I wish you the very best for her and for yourself :hug:

TiredSam

So now are you going to combine all of the installments into a book? :D
I thought a slim, leather bound volume would make a nice present for the christmas market. First 50 would be signed and have an extra installment - The Return Journey. Not sure whether I'll be able to fit it in with my other literary commitments at present, but I'll certainly bounce the idea off my agent.

duncan

Will you now board an Elven ship bound for the misty reduced Grey Matters, to where all bearers of our burden must eventually retreat and dwell?

Yours has been a mighty tale, Sam, and I suspect (and hope!) more adventures await you...stories that will summon you back to pen still again.

TiredSam

Fabulous. But what a cliffhanger!!

Will TiredSam prevail? Is the Charite just a front for the sinister BPS cabal? Will we have to wait until October for the next season? I don't know but I'm hooked. It's like The Blacklist, only with questionnaires.
By popular demand and as part of PR's autumn schedule I am pleased to announce that Season 2 - The Report and its Aftermath - will be coming to your (computer) screens shortly.

Warning - may contain graphic descriptions of feeling a bit dizzy and the consumption of supplements causing stale fish smelling burps. We would like to apologize to viewers who have quite enough to read already.