• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"My thoughts about the PACE trial" (January 27) (Lucibee's Blog)

Purple

Bundle of purpliness
Lucibee has opened her blog for comments now, and invites comments.
https://lucibee.wordpress.com/2016/01/27/my-thoughts-about-the-pace-trial/
Would someone please let her know about how "recovery" was defined and that it was theoretically possible to get worse or stay the same and be counted recovered and what the FOI request revealed re. how many people were at the level of "recovery" at the start of the trial. I think this is important to clarify that we have no idea how many people recovered in relation to the 20% of people figure mentioned as "recovered".

Would someone please let her know about how "recovery" was defined and that it was theoretically possible to get worse or stay the same and be counted recovered and what the FOI request revealed re. how many people were at the level of "recovery" at the start of the trial. I think this is important to clarify that we have no idea how many people recovered in relation to the 20% of people figure mentioned as "recovered".

Thanks, Purple, I am aware of that, but I felt that the issue had been adequately covered by others elsewhere in relation to the later trial updates.

Mrs Sowester

Thank you for your blog Lucibee. I think I can safely say we all value your contribution to the debate.
This is a cruel disease and it can be difficult to make such a restricted life worth living. I keep going for the people who care about me and the glimmers of hope in the future. And I know it's a bit cheesy, but positive contributions from people like yourself make those glimmers of hope brighter X

A.B.

Thanks @Lucibee for your article.

Thanks for this comments. (and all your other comments in general, relying on facts and very clear)

I'm doing my best.

SMC = +0.1875
GET = +0.109375
CBT = +0.09375
APT = +0.40625

One thing I forgot is that all groups received SMC. Adding CBT and GET to SMC produces worse results than SMC alone, at least in this test.

Last edited: