• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

my third article, "Musings on Retrovirus XMRV and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"

leelaplay

love the new article Jody! You capture so many of our hopes and fears. The last paragraph re being flat on our faces from the emotional and response rollercoaster ties it all up beautifully.

Had a fanciful thought. Somewhere had read that at the beginning of this forum it was you and Cort. The fancy - that you're like mama bear and papa bear. That between the 2 of you initiate the covering of pretty much all the informational and emotional (and whatever other) aspects of having ME/CFS. (please note - i'm not being gender-biased and not implying that either of you represents only one aspect)

thanks for putting your musings out to the world!
:D

Jerry S

Another winner, Jody! Very clear and insightful.

I noticed the Google News feed for retrovirus has already picked up the article. Well done.

Best wishes, Jerry

Finch

Down With the Sickness
Nice Work!

Another really well written and thoughtful article, Jody. You've really captured what's been going on. Thank you!

Lisa

Count me in as someone who liked it too Jody. :D

Even if I did some how end up starting it on page two due to a funny link I followed... :)

Lisa :)

KC22

Another great piece... You seemed to capture all of the emotions and thoughts pertaining to this new discovery and put it into one piece.

Nice Job!!!!:)

Jody

I went into hibernation for a few days last week and missed this thread.

Thanks everybody for the words of encouragement.

And islandfinn,

Loved your fanciful thought. And if we seem to fill the bill that way in your eyes then I can only say, I am pleased. :)