• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My story and progress with cfs recovery and treatments used.

Hip

Hip
interesting.... my IL-6 result was 61 range (0.00 - 5.00)
so maybe I should get some alpha acids?

Might be worth a try for you. There are also other supplements that reduce IL-6:

Vinpocetine reduces IL-6 in the brain's microglial cells. I can vouch for vinpocetine improving brain fog a little: I take 10 mg of vinpocetine daily and find it improvers mental clarity.

Sulforaphane reduces LPS-induced IL-6 in microglial cells.

Two other supplements that reduce IL-6 in macrophages are genistein and blueberries.

Niacinamide inhibits IL-6.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Hip
thanks hip - I am very sensitive to supps so taking more may be a problem for me.

Hip

I am currently taking 500 mg of Swanson alpha acids complex each day, to see if any long term benefits appear. I get the impression that alpha acids do sometimes put me in a calmer, less anxious, and more aware state of mind, but the effect is only mild, and not always consistent.

Hi :)
I had some worsening of symptoms, so have decreased lisin, and im using Valtrex as i get felt
like i had flu all the time, its helping, ive also ordered rizol, and LDN therapy which
is due to arrive soon

Hi! Your story really inspired me a few months ago.

I also ordered a Allicin , but the parcel was more than a month and I started taking Monolaurin (also read here on the site about it). I had a strong exacerbation of pain in the joints (knees , elbows , hips , hands , feet, jaw) - and the pain went through the week. Now sometimes myalgia , but overall I felt better .

I am very grateful for your post , it really helped me .I also accept the AFA Bluegreen Algae .Now my immunological analysis: B- lymphocytes is completely normal, but NK cells still low . Analysis showed that there are stem cells in the blood.
And I almost passed tremors and vibrations in the legs !

olena: well done taking the mono and the allicin together, its not easy taking both at the same time.

Ive been taking LDN .75ml at night and .25 in the morning. its been amazing, i was walking
round waitrose earlier and i didnt feel tired even after 20 mins walking :)
I would try this place for the LDN: but be carefull i only need 1ml a day not 4.5!
https://www.prescribe4me.co.uk i think its very good for those electric feeling vibrations and the burning pain in the body.

I have not tried to take Allicin. I has helped only monolaurin.

Now I plan to go to allicin + probiotic.

I have 86% of T-lymphocytes, so I can not take all: they are very "excited" by the treatment ....