• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My New CFS Video--CFS Patients Address the CDC

George

waitin' fer rabbits
Dreambirdie the images are beautiful and haunting the music is scary in a primitive "the tiger is stalking you" kinda way. The whole thing is just out of this world excellent! This is a fantastic Public Service Announcement. Great, great, great work!

Four Paws and a Tail Wag!

Sean

Thanks for this, Dreambirdie.

Beautiful music. Interesting that George finds it haunting and scary, while I find it kinda relaxing and soothing, if a little mysterious. Might be coz he is a doggy person, while I am more of a cat person. (Though I still like dogs. No, really. Just preferably on the other side of a big fence. :D)

jace

Off the fence
That is possibly the best CFS video aimed at the uninformed that I have ever seen ( and I have seen hundreds :eek: )

Super-well-done, Dreambirdie.

Thank you for making such an excellent video Dreambirdie. It should be mandatory for doctors around the world to see this video. While just taking up 8 minutes of their time, it would change their whole perspective on CFS.

Thank you for putting the time and effort into making such a succinct yet informative video, it is greatly appreciated. :Retro smile:

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Thank you everyone for your kind words. :hug::hug::hug:

I am absolutely fried and exhausted from the 50 hours of energy I put into this 8 minutes of product.

I am gone- gone- gone--- back to bed until I recover.

C

Cloud

Awesome video Dreambirdie, perfect for sharing with all my contacts. Rest up.....see ya soon. hugsss

Wayne

Rest Dreambirdie, you deserve it!!!!!!! :Retro smile:

Great job on the video! It's definitely one I would feel comfortable recommending to anybody who would want to get a quick better insight into many aspects of CFS.

You know, reams of writing has been done by people advocating for the cause of those afflected with CFS. It all helps, but it seems that when an important message is combined with the arts, it has the potential to reach people in profound ways that the written word just can't do alone. I think your video fits the bill in this regard.

Well done!!! and Thank you!!!

Wayne

dannybex

Yes, very well done DB -- so polished, professional, and user-friendly, both for patients, and their often doubting families/friends/doctors.

Many thanks!

db2

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Thanks Danny.

I wish everyone felt that way. Unfortunately, I am being attacked on the "other forum" for providing a link to this site instead of theirs.

The message Wild Daisy sent you was:

You don't think for a minute anyone is buying your BS do you?

Of course, now that all the Good Science people have left PR and come to this forum, no one on Cort's forum knows how to interpret all the articles in their vast library (which Kim assembled, before Cort chased her away).

I am so exhausted from this kind of nasty. It really sucks.

dannybex

Thanks Danny.

I wish everyone felt that way. Unfortunately, I am being attacked on the "other forum" for providing a link to this site instead of theirs.

The message Wild Daisy sent you was:

You don't think for a minute anyone is buying your BS do you?

Of course, now that all the Good Science people have left PR and come to this forum, no one on Cort's forum knows how to interpret all the articles in their vast library (which Kim assembled, before Cort chased her away).

I am so exhausted from this kind of nasty. It really sucks.

Don't take it personally...

"the "Good Science people"...sigh..."Cort CHASED her away"....double-sigh.

What a compelling video, dreambirdie! Thank you for creating such a powerful statement, with so much clear information. I'm going to send the link to your video to my senators and congresswoman. Just will start sending it around. We should get this OUT THERE! It deserves to be seen far and wide and really adds an important element to the activism going on right now.

It's too bad about the negative stuff directed at you after an accomplishment like this. I agree with what dannybex said - don't take it personally. It's truly not worth one tiny bit of your energy, and it says nothing about you, only about the source themselves. I don't know any of the posters, and wasn't around for the forum upheaval, but I do believe that some people have a lot of free-floating hostility and look for people to target over slights imagined or real. That's their problem, not yours.

I for one am grateful for the hard work, time and precious energy you devoted to this project for the benefit of all of us. I hope you'll get some rest now, and start recouping some of the overspent energy account losses. And hey! YOU DID IT!!! Good going!

jace

Off the fence
I am really impressed by your video, Db, it is going to be so useful for an introduction to our situation. It will be all over the internet soon, giving a clear and powerful picture of the current reality of ME/CFS politics and people. It's a shame that folk have to be so sensitive, after all, how many links can you put up in a video frame? But no one is innocent of over-reaction. I posted a Twisted Sister YouTube link here, and for that was banned for a whole month. Over-reaction, there too.

We need to stop the infighting. It's horses for courses. Personally, I think we PWME need all the help we can get. mecfsforums has better science reporting, no doubt. As a place to work out activist initiatives, it beats this place hands down. Check out Gerwyn's comment on the recent CDC paper in Retrovirology. But on PR there are thousands of posts, a longer history, and a posher format (though I prefer the opensource simplicity) I totally understand why you chose this forum as the one to link to. Oh yes, PR has better smilies, too

:sofa:;):hug::ashamed::innocent1:​

Db, bless you for your work, and please, just look after yourself for a while. Thank you, again, for all you've done.

Tammie

very nice job.....so sorry you got attacked on the other forum - I just found that forum today, so I don't really know much about it or what happened, but I totally disagree with the nasty comments

shiso

This is so beautifully done, Dreambirdie. I loved it. THANK YOU!!!

The tremendous amount of effort that you put into this is evident from the quality of the video itself.

And it's equally evident that you invested so much of yourself into this for the benefit of the entire ME/CFS community - as in every poor soul afflicted by this god awful disease, not just for one narrow slice of sufferers or another. Thanks again and please get lots and lots of rest after a job well done.

rebecca1995

Apple, anyone?
Excellent video, Dreambirdie! I'll repeat what I posted yesterday on the MECFS Forum: "Great work, DB! The black and white is quite appropriate. :Retro smile:"

I also want to point out that at least nine other people on that forum praised the video with superlatives like "fantastic" and "poignant".

So, while I can't comment on what might have been said in private, the responses I saw to your superb video were overwhelmingly positive, as they should have been.

Hope you're getting some well-earned rest now.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who has posted their kind words of support, praise, and appreciation.

I feel very touched and very grateful. :hug::hug::hug:
I put my whole heart and soul into making this video, so I am very glad to see it is being appreciated by most people who have seen it.

I will be submitting the video to local community tv here in Santa Cruz, on the advice of one of the producers, who was my trouble shooter when I got stuck at the end, and helped me get this job done. He thought it was an excellent piece of work, and has encouraged me to get it out there. I am hoping to get it shown on other community tv stations across the US, and I will need everyone's help with that eventually. But for now I need mainly to rest and recover.

More thanks and more hugs~~~ You made my morning worth waking up to.
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: