• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My Meditation Program Is Making Me Insane.

Wayne

Hi @Ema, @Fogbuster did a post recently on his inability to relax after getting an Atlas Profilax treatment. At the end of the post, he mentions how Singing HU for about two minutes helped him a lot --- HERE's A Link --- Chanting HU for short periods of time throughout the day works really well for me. Not boring (brings a nice feeling of clarity and expansiveness), and not expensive (free).

Last edited:

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Tai Chi has been called "moving meditation". I really liked it when I did it, but was not able to keep it up.

A good place to take a class would be a hospital or medical facility. Their classes would be health oriented and the instructor would take the limitations of each student into account.

Little Bluestem

My favorite is The Journey Home, but I haven't used it in years. I prefer this at the moment, where what I hear is a thunderstorm or ocean waves.
@madietodd , The site you linked to is now bundling live weekly coaching calls with their CD. Are you getting these. If so, do you find it helpful?

maddietod

@madietodd , The site you linked to is now bundling live weekly coaching calls with their CD. Are you getting these. If so, do you find it helpful?

I don't ever buy bundles. I go for the one thing I really want, and use it over and over. Also, I hate phones. Also, coaching is talk, meditation is stillness. Just sit and open to quiet.

Little Bluestem

I didn't look very long, but I didn't see an option to get just the CD on the website. I'm not interested in coaching. Maybe I can find the CD at a store.