• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

'My life got taken away from me' - what it's really like to suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Ysabelle-S

Highly Vexatious
Article by Hannah Radenkova in the Daily Telegraph.

On hearing the news that Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) is finally being recognised by doctors as a 'real' illness, my first desire was to run around shouting 'I told you so!' at the top of my voice.

Having suffered with CFS (also known as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (or ME)) for four years, I was obviously too sick to do that, but I did allow myself a tiny, non-tiring fist pump at the fact there is now some acknowledgement that this sickness is more than just 'yuppie flu.'

Researchers found that those with the syndrome, which causes extreme tiredness that isn't allayed by rest, had a specific chemical signature in their blood - similar to that of hibernating animals.

The rest of the article is here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-f...way-from-me---what-its-really-like-to-suffer/

Why merge it? The story is still valid... and guess what? It's a year later and nothing has changed!

Of course, this disease could have been around for over 35 years and "they" still wouldn't know what it is.

Can you say "cover-up" and "denial"?

Hajnalka

Yes, it's one of my favorite ME blogs, too (although it's sometimes a little sad because she has an amazing 100% supportive family and friends).

Hannahs drawings are also wonderful, she was/is an illustrator. When I see her drawings I always think that it's unbelievable how much talent this disease keeps locked up at home worldwide.

She also made a little doll that looks like her (little Hannah) and that attends weddings and birthdays and vacations instead of her. Little Hannah has a wardrobe (to be dressed appropriately at every occasion) and little accessoires and a lot of fotos from her adventures. It's so creative, funny and heartbraking sad at the same time.

Hannahs article was quite heavily edited in the Telegraph and this is the original version:
http://superpooped.blogspot.de/2017...spot.de/2017/09/pre-edit-telegraph-piece.html

Yes I felt the same - she had such a promising career ahead of her. She's the same age as my daughter and I just couldn't imagine what it must be like to have so much of your life taken away from you at that age. I thought the idea of Little Hannah was brilliant but it must make her so sad at the same time not to be able to be there herself.