• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My intentions in starting the coaching group- not accepting new clients

wsomers

My intentions in starting the coaching group- not accepting new clients!
Thanks for your comments and to further clarify:

It NOT my intention in any way by starting this coaching group, nor is it my intention in moderating the relationship forum, to gather new clients.

I am not accepting new clients, do not act as therapist, only as a coach, and do not intend to charge or have as paying clients any of the people who join this coaching group. I am semi retired and accept very few clients, and mostly they are business related clients.

I have chosen to spend a significant amount of my time at this point in my life, having done well financially, in doing volunteer work with various organizations, of which Phoenix Rising is one.

I have perceived a significant need in the ME/CFS forum for a place for people to connect further and felt a coaching group of this nature could be very helpful to them.

I also wish to personally connect with others and learn more about various aspects of ME/CFS as I often feel isolated struggling with this and chronic severe back pain.

It appears I may also have a daughter with ME/CFS and I am just learning about this syndrome for myself and now for her.

So while others may have this intent to solicit business, please do NOT assume it of me. I have cleared this posting with Cort, he knows my intentions and you can contact him if you would like more assurance.

If you are uncomfortable with the coaching group, then certainly feel free to not participate, just do not join.

However, I think it is opportunity to get to know some great people on a more personal level. Hopefully it will be valuable opportunity for some people on the forum who may opt to participate. That is my primary goal, to be of further service and connect with others.

I hope that this clarifies my intentions in setting up this coaching group and moderating this forum. I do not and have not had any intention of gaining paying clients from my involvement here.

If you have further questions or comments, please share them. I encourage your feedback.

Wendy

ukxmrv

Hi Wendy,

I don't have a problem wiith your offering a coaching group.

What is it that can think you can offer to this group?

I'm thinking of what methods you would employ, what would be the structure and what people would potentially get out of it?

(my experience of groups is restricted to UK NHS CBT type groups, local ME support groups etc)

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Yes, I would like to know more also. What is a coaching group? What is your roll or what is it that you would be doing as the coach? What would be the roll of the person with CFS or what would they be required to do or say or whatever......

illsince1977

A shadow of my former self
Wendy-

I wonder, too. How does that work? Isn't there implied hierarchy/authority in the concept of being "the coach", as opposed to being a fellow PWC? How do you envision this?

ukxmrv

and no answer to this from Wendy?

Given the nature of her other post I'm really having misgivings here.