• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My GP did something strange.

Raines

Seize. Eggs. I don't know. Zebra. Eighties.
My sister has the same last name and the same first initial in her first name (both T. Selth) and doctor wasnt aware it was wrong file till he opened it and see her full name.
EDIT - I wish parents would think twice about giving their children the same initials. It's bound to cause problems. One of my brothers has done it. :rolleyes:

I also share a first initial with my sister L. It is annoying.
We found it funny when we were small, then annoying as teenagers, there was a stage when we would open each others post to wind each other up!! Now its not a problem as we no longer share an address.
My mum tried to solve this issue by giving us middle names,(it didn't work) suddenly having a middle name a 6 years old means that some places have my midddle name, and some don't. I was aloud to choose my middle name - I now hate it!! and as is not official I no longer use it.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I also share a first initial with my sister L. It is annoying.
We found it funny when we were small, then annoying as teenagers, there was a stage when we would open each others post to wind each other up!! Now its not a problem as we no longer share an address.
My mum tried to solve this issue by giving us middle names,(it didn't work) suddenly having a middle name a 6 years old means that some places have my midddle name, and some don't. I was aloud to choose my middle name - I now hate it!! and as is not official I no longer use it.

My brother also gave one daughter a middle name, but it occurred to me straight away that people would not always use it. I guess it didn't occur to him. :rolleyes: