• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My first appointment with KDM

RML

New stuff:

Anybody has also high ammonia in serum? what does it mean?

HI, I had elevated ammonia in serum too. I can't remember the figure, I need to check my notes/results. But I think it was similar to yours.

I had an appointment last week and asked about it , what it meant etc. He said it is caused by gut issues/problems. I was surprised as I assumed the high ammonia was neurotoxicity or neuro inflammation.

3rd round of treatment by KDM, after the 2 first months on 200mg doxy +500mg clarithromicin and the 3rd and 4th months on 500mg tinidazol + 600mg of tetralysal now it comes:
Bactrim Forte twice a day + 1gr Clarithromicin Daily.

I heard very awful stuff about the Bactrim, anyone here experienced with it?
("Although Bactrim is a very effective drug, it can also be very dangerous, with possibly fatal reactions") http://briandeer.com/septrin/bactrim-names.htm

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2i6l1c8.jpg

Regards!

Valentijn

@Drass - It sounds like the increased risk of death is only in ("older"?) patients who are also taking ACE inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers.

Hanna

3rd round of treatment by KDM, after the 2 first months on 200mg doxy +500mg clarithromicin and the 3rd and 4th months on 500mg tinidazol + 600mg of tetralysal now it comes:

("Although Bactrim is a very effective drug, it can also be very dangerous, with possibly fatal reactions") http://briandeer.com/septrin/bactrim-names.htm

Regards!
Please, be careful with Bactrim forte. You have to watch after any change in skin, especially eyes, mouth, as it can be the beginning of a very very severe allergy.
After my first tablet, my eyes began to hurt, turned a little red and my lips began to itch. Hubby who is a dermatologist told me to stop immediately. I don't know if I have some mutation in CYP2C9, but I know one thing: I won't touch once again this stuff.
But of course, we are all different, and you may have success with it. Just, take care.

roller

wiggle jiggle
R.E.D. Labs - 2280e
164,00e Proinflammatory cytokines panel
62,00e CD57+/CD3- Absolute count
70,00e Soluble CD14
70,00e Prostaglandin E2
70,00e Vascular endothelial growth factor
70,00e D-lactate
70,00e L-Lactate
50,00e DNA extraction blood
53,00e HHV6 Human Herpesvirus 6
132,00e Molds igG panel
99,00e Mycoplasma spp + Pn / PCR
99,00e Bartonella spp / PCR
99,00e Midichloria mitochondrii / PCR
159,00e Chlamydias serologie- IgG & IgA/M
159,00e Yersinia Serology - IgG & IgA/M (immunoblot)
46,00e Tularemia Serology

180,00e Zoonosis
140,00e Babesia genus FISH
75,00e IgA/IgM intetinal bacteria
280,00e Metagenomics stool Analisys
63,00e FOB-Trans. + Lactof.-Calprot.
70,00e Soluble Immunoglobuline A

does anyone know what this zoonosis test is about?

how long are the antibiotics taken?
really full two months in such high doses, until the next visit?

means, he requests
- blood test
- stool test
- urine test

but
- no basics, like cortisol, ldl, hdl, thyroid...?
- mites etc. test would be obsolete, as doxy and metro eliinate them

Last edited:
@Helen @Hanna I will start it from tomorow, i mean the Bactrim.
As you said, if its affecting me very negatively i will realize it from the first moments right? cause in a week i will go for a trip and i will bring my dose, i wonder if i wont get really sick during the journey..

@roller
Yes, the antibiotics has to be taken full time, im already nonstop since september.

Basically i feel worse, mentally and in the ability to do things, i mean its hard for me to start doing whatever.

Regards,

msf

The less dangerous reaction is called Erythema Multiforme, and the more dangerous reaction is called Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. I experienced the former about five days after starting a course of Clindamycin, which like Bactrim is known to cause Erythema Multiforme. When I stopped taking it the rash resolved itself.

geraldt52

Many years ago I was on Bactrim for an extended period of time without incident. Then, out of the blue, I developed an odd rash right underneath my rib cage, which turned out to be from the Bactrim, though it took me a bit to figure it out. I was never able to take Bactrim again without the rash immediately appearing in exactly the same spot. Don't ignore any odd rashes as being unrelated, and stop the Bactrim immediately.

Seven7

Seven
@Drass
Are you feeling any better? After starting treatment? I am curious about the people doing antibiotics and how they progress.

Countrygirl

Regards!

Just be aware that under its name Septrim it was acknowledged as a cause of ME and a group of patients in the UK even received compensation for developing the illness after taking the drug. It was then withdrawn and is sold in the US as Bactrim.

Countrygirl

Just be aware that under its name Septrim it was acknowledged as a cause of ME and a group of patients in the UK even received compensation for developing the illness after taking the drug. It was then withdrawn and is sold in the US as Bactrim.

This information was passed on to me by the UK Septrim support group the members of which had developed ME after taking the drug. I had taken it for seven years for bronchiectasis and then developed severe ME.

Oops! This was supposed to appear as a PS to the above post.

msf

This information was passed on to me by the UK Septrim support group the members of which had developed ME after taking the drug. I had taken it for seven years for bronchiectasis and then developed severe ME.

Oops! This was supposed to appear as a PS to the above post.

I fear it may be too late for Drass to avoid getting ME.

Hello Country, i didnt have any issue with Bactrim, everything alright till the moment, in fact i didnt feel any antibiotic i have taken, any bad reaction or anything. Maybe in some years i would develop MS, who knows..

Countrygirl

I fear it may be too late for Drass to avoid getting ME.

Its past history might suggest though that it isn't the best antibiotic to take if you have the beastly thing already. I would be wary of experiencing a big relapse if I took bactrim now.

Santino

Hey,

how are you today @Drass ?

I obviously also had a positive screening for Tularemia and now the IGG test will be done.

The IGG test was negative for you. Does that mean, that you had Tularemia in the past but the body was able to fight the bacteria off? Or does it mean that you were in contact with the organisms and your body managed to kill it before you developed tularemia?

Would be cool to get an answer here. I honestly fear to get the suggestion to take so many abx...I dont think I can tolerate that with my severe mast cell activation disorder. I never tolerate anymedications and am down to 4 foods...