• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My FIR SAUNA is by far my GREATEST WEAPON!

ChrisD

I'm thinking about getting an FIR Sauna but would people recommend a sit in chair set up or a 'Cocoon' on the floor? Are these two cheaper options even that effective or is it best to go all out and get a cabin?

pattismith

Very interesting!

I tryed cold shower, but this was very bad for me, so I am willing to try Sauna!

I would like to know if it is important for the head to be inside the sauna or not.

In veterinary medecine, we use hotness to kill herpesvirus in puppies by raising the temperature of the chamber up to 30°C for several days, in order to raise puppies temperature, to slow the virus growth...

Hilary

I have a Firzone sauna blanket which I quite like as it's relaxing - I try to use it 2 or 3 times a week, getting in it first thing in the morning and I pass the time doing a guided meditation (very zen.... )

I've had it about a year and a half and haven't used it consistently enough but one thing I have noticed is that initially I didn't sweat at all. Now I sweat quite profusely although more so if I'm in a good spell. I get in the shower immediately I finish and drink lots of water with electrolytes afterwards.

I can't say I have any more energy but I'm sure I need to be more consistent in any case. I do get many fewer headaches which were a constant plague but I think that may be due to a nickel cleanse I did in the autumn.