• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My B12 Protocol disaster

Victronix

It took me a long time to readjust after I stopped mfolate, months, which I was taking for a year.

I typically suggest starting things at very low doses. I started on extremely low dosages of methyl b12 and adenosyl, added all the other b's and several cofactors, like multi-minerals, Vit D, etc, which was critically important to keeping stress low.

Then it was years before I even tried mfolate, and was never able to stabilize on it, even after a year of trying, and had to stop. It definitely affected my gut. B-12 did not, really. I would give it time. My way to deal with gut issues is to really limit my diet to things I know I can tolerate easily -- simple soups, white rice, steamed vegetables, bananas, etc., until it settles down.