• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My 23AndMe Results (at last)

bertiedog

I was wondering if the knowledgeable ones around have any comments on my results which I received today. From the bit I had read from Genetic Genie it would seem they explain why I always have run into problems with much methylcobalamin and also that I don't have any particular high need for folate (I eat quite a lot anyway) and if I start taking any sort of quantity of folate I think I get too much glutamate.

Apart from inability to exercise more than 30 minutes absolute maximum my other main problem is horrendous migraines which I tend to get as a reaction to anything I take but especially herbs. I think I have tracked this down to vasodilation, so many of the herbs seem to have this effect and I am going through it at the moment having been taking quite a large amount of Cats Claw for over 2 weeks. I also have a very weak immune system and suffer with extremely frequent throat viruses/infections throughout the winter months. I was diagnosed last summer through Infectolab with borrelia and Ehrlichia.

Thanks for any suggestions

Attachments

• Genetic_Genie_Methylation_Profile_Pam_Clewley.pdf
    61.9 KB · Views: 21

drob31

There seems to be allot of "No call's." Anyone know the reason for this?

Other than that, everything else looks pretty normal. The MTHFR 1298c mutation isn't as bad as the c677t.

bertiedog

Does anybody know whether Amy Yasko is considered a good source regarding her explanations of the various SNPs or is she on her own with some of her thinking?

Pam

Valentijn

Does anybody know whether Amy Yasko is considered a good source regarding her explanations of the various SNPs or is she on her own with some of her thinking?
She's a very poor source. She garbles much of the available research, and many of the SNPs she tests for have little or no impact.