• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mutaflor!

trickthefox

Hi gut experts!!I have a question, i have been able to source mutaflor in the UK through breakspear - in capsulated and suspention form - the suspention form is pure but costs so ridiculously much that i
won't be buying it, the capsulated form is much cheaper but contains maltodextrin, now i know this is a problem with people with gut issues, but will it really be a problem at the small quantity of a pill?The mutaflor is for correcting my low ecoli which showed up on a recent metemetrix stool test

Plum

It all depends on if you're sensitive to it or not - everyone's different.

There's a page on Dr Myhill's site on how to make your own - should be cheaper?

joshi81

How much are the capsule? myhills show how to make it your own but you have to have te suspension as a starter so you have to buy the suspension...

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Can't you just dissolve the capsules and add to the yoghurt mix? worth a try if it saves you a lot of money.

ChrisD

Hi, I have just started using Mutaflor from Breakspear a week or so ago. I have definitely seen some benefits from it such as reduced PEM, I have been able to raise my step level by almost double on some days (usually manage about 3,000) and have been able to manage 6,000 on back to back days without a big crash. Sleep is slightly improved, body/nervous system feels a lot calmer, feel less dizzy and uncoordinated than I usually do.

A big negative though is that I have developed real sensitivity to light and hence quite bad eye pain/eye strain which I notice has been noted as a side effect in Ken Lassessen's blog and other sources, saying that Dry eyes are common. But I have never experienced this with my ME before and it is rather annoying, I can't really use any devices without strain and then horrible pain at night when the muscles around the eyes relax. I don't think it is damaging my vision hopefully, but some days I have lot's of floaters and Blurriness which relinquishes after lots of rest and good sleep.

Anyway I have stopped Mutaflor for this reason and will continue with other probiotics, hoping that this eye strain stops soon (if anyone has any tips or thinks this may be better placed in an eye thread then please share).

TigerLilea

I'm still debating whether or not to try Mutaflor. I can buy it here in Canada but the price is quite high. As I've wasted so much money in the past on treatments that haven't worked, I'm leery about spending even more money.