• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mutaflor versus chelation

Hi @Tuskentank, what metals were you high in and what test did you do to determine that. I'm now doing DMSA chelation (not Cutler) and I completely understand the "pulling" sensation. Feels like something is tugging on my brain.

The only test I did was hair mineral analysis, but I'd love to know what others are in there. I know mercury is a big one because of the bad reaction to Alpha lipoic acid. I'd be sure of lead, given family history, old lead pipes, etc. Do you know what the best test is to determine toxicity of all metals? I'd love to know.

@tiredowl,

I am considering going back on the MSM, small doses, but taking potassium and zinc at the same time. My potassium needs are huge at the moment though, so not sure how viable that is.

bjl218

The only test I did was hair mineral analysis, but I'd love to know what others are in there. I know mercury is a big one because of the bad reaction to Alpha lipoic acid. I'd be sure of lead, given family history, old lead pipes, etc. Do you know what the best test is to determine toxicity of all metals? I'd love to know.
This is all controversial. I did a challenged urine toxic metals test. Some like hair tests better. Some like neither.

Hi @Tuskentank

I am mercury, lead, cadmium and arsenic toxic. I am HEAVILY toxic, and that is the cause of 60% of my CFS, I am sure.

How is your methylation? Have you tested your genes?

Best

Hi @Tuskentank

I am mercury, lead, cadmium and arsenic toxic. I am HEAVILY toxic, and that is the cause of 60% of my CFS, I am sure.

How is your methylation? Have you tested your genes?

Best
Hi, I ran the 23 and me but I don't understand it. It said something about difficulty synthesising folate. I'm currently treating what I suspect is neuro Lyme's or some sort of parasite in the brain and chelating with ALA, Andy Cutler style and also taking Cilantro HMD on rounds. Most of the crawling sensations are at the back of my head now, towards my neck and usually just when I eat. I don't know about herxed as such. I herxed severely on teasel root, when my metals were higher, but it's milder now. I'm up to 8 drops teasel root at a time, and 5 drops Samento, 3 teaspoons of Allimed. Chelating the metals out and active detoxing definitely make it more manageable.