• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Multiple Mineral Insufficiency & Goiter - SNPs? Inborn errors?

Hi folks - I could use some help identifying possible root causes and/or SNPs to check (23andMe). Labs identified low mineral stores (iron/ferritin, RBC copper, RBC manganese) and I'm likely low in iodine also (recently diagnosed goiter).

The low mineral results are despite a super clean/healthy ominivorous diet, adequate amounts from food (I track), multivitamin/mineral supplements, cooking in cast iron pans, etc. I now take extra copper, manganese, iron and iodine (in addition to multimineral) to keep my levels normal/low-normal. This all seemed fine until now, but I'm really worried about the recent goiter finding (with "moderately suspicious" nodule).

Does anyone know of a specific SNP, enzyme/nutrient deficiency, inborn error or disease that could be interfering with multiple mineral storage and/or metabolism? Most of the info I find is focused on a single mineral. There's got to be something tying this all together, but I'm really stumped! All suggestions and wild guesses welcome. Thanks in advance. :)

YASKO SNPS:
Homozygous:
BHMT-08
COMT H62H (MIR4761)
COMT V158M (MIR4761)
MAOA R297R
Heterozygous:
MTHFR A1298C
ACE
BHMT-02
MTR A2756G
MTRR A664A