• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Multimodal and simultaneous assessments of brain and spinal fluid abnormalities in CFS

joshualevy

So I make that four studies from three different research groups, regarding brain lactate?

I'd be careful about your counting of research groups. For example the 2009 and 2010 papers, which you count as separate, actually share three authors (Shungu DC, Mao X and Matthew SJ), so I would not describe them as separate. Also, the OP's paper and those other two share two authors (Shungu DC, Mao X). So I think you are only looking at one research group, just with different authors being the lead author for different papers.

JaimeS

I hope Ron Davis is aware of this research as it could tie in precisely with his groups and allied groups findings that
the brain is going to get totally smashed by being so energy deficient.

I came here after I'd found the Murrough, looking a discussion here on PR regarding that article. My reason for looking for THAT was that elevated brain lactate would support a theory of mine. they'll hear about it now!