• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MTHFR,COMT,AND PSYCH MEDS

I have MTHFR C667T AND A1298C heterozygous and COMT VAL158MET .... I have bad anxiety and depression.... can someone tell me what psych meds will work along with these mutations or supplements to make the meds work better ... I need relief so can someone plz answer this question

taniaaust1

I have those mutations but double copy of MTHFR C667T. I havent heard of those mutations affecting meds. I have other mutations which certainly do affect meds and can cause a lot of issues around them and has caused me issues.

Did you run your results into genetic genie and get the detox results. It will tell you then if you have mutations in which trouble detoxing certain drug groups.

What mutations messed up med detox for u? And no I only of COMT AND MTHFR being mutated in me I haven't gotten the full write up

I know I am a CYP2D6 poor metabolizer too which means I need lower doses of those meds or I can overose if that's what your talking about