• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MTHFR and Vaccines

Does anyone know of potential risks from vaccines for the A1298C mutation?

If you know my story, I began treating for MTHFR (A1298C mutation) by a practitioner who doesn't understand the whole issue and haven't been the same since. I reached a point where I couldn't tolerate ANY food b/c it led to difficulty breathing and head pressure. I also developed multiple chemical sensitivity.

After seeing multiple drs and one making a connection to mast cells/histamine, I think this is causing my problems. However, I just remembered I also got 3 vaccines before taking a trip to Brazil JUST before this mess started for me.

I've read one person state that vaccines can cause the mast cells to become overactive, leading to an increase in histamine. I think this could be the cause for my problems. Is anyone aware of this connection?

I also want to determine if I have a mast cell disorder or was this just a one-time deal of mast cell problems caused by the vaccines? But it has been 8 months, and I"m not better, in fact much, much worse.

WoolPippi

I have that mutation, I stay away from vaccines due to the carrier they use: Aluminum /Aluminium. I cannot process even that tiny amount due to my mutations.

when I was young the carrier used in vaccines was Mercury. Another thing not handled well by Methylation Mutants

I'd think it'd be out of your system by now though...

Critterina

I am hetero for A1298C and I tolerate vaccines except for tetanus; I'm allergic to that one. But I have had hepatitis vaccine with no ill effects, influenza vaccine and gone hiking the next day.