• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MSNBC OPEN CHANNEL BLOG REQUESTS STORIES TO INVESTIGATE

Sing

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40220716/#.Tz7xOUfh_ji

It is possible to submit a subject for the MSNBC Open Channel Blog to investigate by clicking on the above link. I discovered this by following the story on their site about the toxic chemicals from pavement sealants which are based in coal tar chemicals. These give off toxic air pollution for years as well as create toxic dust which children in particular are more exposed to. At the bottom of the article was the opportunity to submit a story for them to investigate. So I submitted one, another one on chemical pollutants, in this case "fragrances" whose chemicals are based on aromatic hydrocarbons, toxic petro-chemicals, which are currently not required to be listed and there is no provision for accountability for their toxic effects.

I hope some others of you may submit subjects too, the neglect of ME/CFS patients in terms of research dollars, a multi-disciplinary approach and, preferably, the CCC or ICC case definition. But you have to be concise in your submission, I found.