• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MRI technology reveals deep brain pathway in unprecedented detail

Calling on those who are way more knowledgeable than I... could this sort of technology perhaps be used for and allow an easier diagnosis of ME/CFS?

"We now have a guide to be able to visualize these complex neuronal connections that would otherwise be impossible to see," said Evan Calabrese, Ph.D., the lead author of the paper who engineered the 3-D model. "This will help us continue to explore applications for treatments of Alzheimer's disease, neuropathic pain, depression and even obsessive compulsive disorders." -

Disappointed they didn't mention ME.. but perhaps sometime in the near future?

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
This was utilizing a 7 T(Tesla) MRI scanner as well. Only a few places in the world have these, but there are a few places that have 10 - 15 T Scanners. Scanner strength and software/computing power have been playing cat and mouse for 15 years.

It's definitely promising, but I'm guessing it will be at least 10 -15 years before a combination of this technology makes it's way into research on the living and accuracy is proven support research studies.

I could be wrong though and hopefully I am!

ufff, hopefully these magic machines will begin to be used in trials and begin to be widely available sooner than that!!