• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Moving to Lynchburg, VA - Doctor recommendations

Hello everyone, I will be moving to Lynchburg, VA to start medical school this Fall and was wondering if anyone knew of any doctors there that would be helpful for treatment. Currently, I am off all medications because my doctor thinks cutting out caffeine and taking more iron will solve all my problems. Would really be interested in a doctor who listens, and will be willing to try things that have a higher chance of being effective in treating my symptoms. I'm tired of getting doctors who want to play games for months or years before they finally try a protocol supported by research or meant for my symptom-set.

Thanks in advance.

rel8ted

No, Dr. Andrew Anderson was recommended to me, specifically as a veteran, but he's not accepting new patients. So I see the VA right now....
That’s the exact same boat I am in. They have a lot of restrictions on what they are or aren’t allowed to do. My experience was basically that ME is not believed until we paid to go to Hunter Hopkins. I did finally find ONE PA who works well with me. I won’t see anyone else in primary care.

Best of luck to you.