• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Most important supplements...

Jarod

If I have really tight budget which supplements should I choose?

Right now I am taking:

Coenzyme Q10 (Ubiquinol) 2x100mg
Omega 3 2x1g
D-ribose 3x2 1200mg pills
Acerola 3x500mg capsule
Panthotenic acid 2x500mg
Magnesium chelate 2xtbl (not sure about the dose)
Chlorella 3x5 250mg pills
Hawthorne 1x500mg pill
L-carnitine 2x250mg
Fish oil with A and D vitamins
Herbs for sleep

Nothing seems to help (I am taking them for 1 month only)

I wonder whether I should beging Methylation-improving protocol, by dr Yasko?

Could you give me some good advices? Because of my fatigue level and brain fog I am not able to read as much I would like and need to. Right now I am reading about dr Myhill's protocols and she recommends supplements I listed above and some for methylation.

Hi there Catherine. Not an expert by any means, but can say what has worked for me.

Everybody seems to respond slightly different to supplements, so what works for me probably not going to work exactly for you.

Chorella is a chelator, I would have to avoid that in my case. It causes stomach/leg cramping.

I never had much luck with D-ribose.

B complex helps me. I got it down to where I know kind of which individual b's work, but for most people probably a good b complex is a safe starting point.

I would consider adding methylfolate and a b12 per RIch Van K's protocol, and if you tolerate the methylfolate and B12 ok. Consider freddd's protocol. That's what I would do, but you may want to do your homework (and get more feedback) and see what applys to your situation.

baccarat

J, I'm sorry for your relapse. I wish you a full recovery.
I was mainly describing myself and probably had some of your issues but I read of similar patterns on most threads.
But let's talk about numbers for sake of clarity. In my case I never got any improvement out of a bunch of supplements that could take me from not being able to stand for 60 seconds to walking 20 minutes over a period of six weeks. And then never any supplement or combo could take me me from there to being able to walk a couple of hours nonstop in less than a year and stay at that level without any vitamin, minerals or other supplements, despite short periods of severe stress and overactivity.

PS: cholrella is not a good chelator and it can mess you up. My first ever relapse years ago may have been caused by it.

Lotus97

As others have said, D ribose, coenzyme q10/ubiquinol, lipoic acid, and carnitine can all be good for mitochondria/Krebs/ATP, but so are many of the b vitamins. If you're taking the fancy supplements without the basic vitamins and minerals it's like driving a Ferrari with a flat tire.

During a period where I made I big recovery I was taking a lot of supplements, but after suffering a significant relapse I'm still taking a lot of supplements and they don't seem to be helping. My conclusion is that getting enough sleep (for me that was at least 10-11 hours a night for over a year) and limiting activities and sources of stress are the most important thing for me in terms of healing. I would also add addressing your underlying illness if possible. I think the sleep and limiting activities/stress did help my adrenals, but I still need to deal with Lyme otherwise I'm going to keep relapsing. I've thought about dropping most of my supplements, but I'm afraid if I do then I'll have a complete crash.