• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mornings (stiffness, torso/gut ache)

mellster

Marco
We are known to suffer from "unrestorative" sleep. While my sleep def needs improvement, I feel it is sufficiently restorative for my head/mind and to function theses days without complete exhaustion. What I have trouble though with is waking up with incredible morning stiffness (affecting movement, breathing and mood) and already an aching gut (both known fibro issues) which takes me a long time to get over with. I've had some mornings that were grand, but I am wondering if there is anything to help waking up like this. I cannot take a long hot bath or do other morning treatments due to time pressure, but I was wondering if somebody with similar issues has a trick, maybe when waking up at night or early AM to take some light medication that will avoid the stiffness in the morning, or maybe go to bed with a triple dose of magnesium/potassium? Hopefully the LDN will take care of this eventually. Thanks

Carrigon

Definitely magnesium and potassium. They help me. Usually what I have to do is take them and then sit around awhile and usually by an hour later things have loosened up. I take one magnesium in the morning, 250mg, and then I take two 100's of potassium. And if I feel I need it, I take another magnesium at night.

Another thing that does help, even though it hurts is the stretching. Even if you have to do it laying down and just start gently stretching muscles. After awhile, less stiffness in the morning with it. But it comes back if you stop stretching.

mellster

Marco
Thanks, I think I will try that, try not to miss stretching and, since I wake up couple of times and tolerate both well, I will have Magnesium and Potassium next to me and start experimenting with higher dosages. I guess part of it is because we sleep longer than others, so it's easy for the body/muscles to become stiff and tight.