• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

More men 'have oral cancer virus'

Enid

Interesting - thanks Bob. It does seem to me now with so many diseases found or thought to be of viral origin that the more the Virologists can pick up the pace in identifying and understanding the better.

Bob

Interesting - thanks Bob. It does seem to me now with so many diseases found or thought to be of viral origin that the more the Virologists can pick up the pace in identifying and understanding the better.

Yes, I agree Enid. Hopefully, with technology getting better and better, the pace will accelerate rapidly over the coming years.

Calathea

It would help if they weren't hampered by outright sexism. Refusing to vaccinate males against HPV as standard, reserving that for females alone, and calling the HPV vaccine the "cervical cancer vaccine" in order to make it sound more palatable, is no way to achieve herd immunity and generally a bloody stupid approach. There was no good reason for the decision at the time, and they've said they're not going to budge on it.