• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

More B12 or start adding Folate?

So I understand the basic 'Deadlock Quartet' ramp up of @Freddd 's protocol is to start with the B12s (MeCbl & AdoCbl) and then progress to titrating folate and finish it up by titrating carnitine. The area I have had a bit of an issue clarifying is where the B12 ramp up ends and the introduction of folate begins.

On a daily basis I am currently taking 2x CountryLife Methyl B12 – 5,000mcg tablets under the lip in succession, followed 2-3hrs later by a Source Natural Dibencozide 10mg tablet. I am at the point where I don't see a noticeable effect from taking the B12s which has me wondering if I need to test to determine the penetrative dose levels to make sure I am at saturation or if I need to move on to adding folate.

My concern is in getting on the mediocrity treadmill, where I am supplementing enough B12 to diminished a lot the issues, but not enough to feel fairly confidant I have maximized the potential benefits from supplementation and haven't left much potential healing on the table. In essence I don't want to be wasteful, but want to make sure I am taking enough.

All of this is further complicated by comments I've read that folate is needed to maximize the efficiency of B12.

Last edited:

ahmo

I've now been on Freddd's Protocol for 2+ years. I've seen several people here run into problems w/ taking folate. It's unclear to me whether we're able to reliably link its usefulness, or otherwise, to specific snps. For me, folate/B12 has been life changing.

Fred has suggested taking AdB12 once a week, away from MB12, believing this enhances the absorption of both. good luck.