• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

More about exercise...

*GG*

Hmm, I was sort of under the impression they give you the report right then and there. How long ago did you have the testing done? What do they tell you at the time?

No, you do not get a report that day. I think this testing is very complicated! And I had another person being tested after me on my days of testing. FYI

I requested preliminary results also, I had to make sure of what some of my Medical background was correct Meds etc

*GG*

I called and I should get the full report in the next day or 2. They did give me preliminary results when I went, but I don't have the full report, explaining the significance of the readings or my cognitive changes, which weren't tabulated yet, etc. I'm all about the details!
I had it done the 30th and 31st of Aug

So they subjectively monitored your Cognitive changes? or?

helen41

they did the CalCAP test "a very brief screening battery using only those measures from the Standard test battery that are most sensitive to cognitive decline". It involved clicking a button when I saw a particular stimulus. I have no idea how I did

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
When I over exercise my muscles feel like they are constricted and they are burning up and painful. I have problems with OI, heart pounding and cognitive abilities go way down. I have trouble sleeping and bowel movements get worse. My sensitivities also go up.

Do you know Leslie Sansone?
She has several DVD's in his program "walk at home"
There titles like "gentle walk" and "restorative walk" but they are done inside, mostly in place
and sometimes moving 4 steps forward and backward. From the testimonials it seems they do work like
normal walking would. The concept behind "walk at home" is to avoid bad weather, pollution, time to reach
a certain place where to run or excuses to avoid exercise. You just play the DVD and do your 5 to 20 mins walk.
But in my opinion is perfect for people with CFS who can still walk, because when you walk at home you can control better
your intensity and symptom and as soon as you feel spacey or sick or your heart rate increases to much, you can immediately
lay on the bed and rest. That would be impossible outside.