• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Molecular signatures explain unique responses to vaccination

daisybell

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle...p_wir&uac=169258FZ&spon=17&impID=953908&faf=1

This section caught my eye...

"Many individuals report discomfort and adverse events after vaccination that can include fatigue, nausea, and achiness. The researchers were surprised to find molecular evidence for the patient-reported phenomena of developing influenza symptoms after an influenza vaccination.

Approximately one quarter of individuals in the human immune response dynamics cohort reported medium-high levels of such adverse events. Dr Sobolev and colleagues found that these individuals had a distinct gene expression profile that could be traced back to the presence of transitional B cells in the blood before vaccination. This small difference in the immune system thus appeared to underlie the generalized adverse effects described by some people when they receive a vaccination."

Valentijn

The researchers were surprised to find molecular evidence for the patient-reported phenomena of developing influenza symptoms after an influenza vaccination.
And I'm shocked that researchers are shocked to find objective evidence of symptoms widely and consistently reported by patients. Well, not really.

But what's wrong with all of these people who assume that symptoms are imagined or exaggerated right up until they get their nose rubbed in the proof? We're talking about 25% of the population, FFS.

IreneF

I don't see why this would be surprising, considering that the point of immunzation is to activate the immune system against an antigen, e. g. influenza, and that (at least some) flu symptoms are cytokine mediated. So the shot can trigger a mild flu (cytokine) response, much like having a very mild case of the flu.

Maybe the point is that transitional B cells are correlated with this response, and not something else.