• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mold Test

I have some inquiries for those who detected mold or other toxins in their house.

What should a person look for in an inspection for possible CFS causes in toxins ?

How common are other toxins such as asbestos or radon gas?

Any suggestions before I book an inspector to come analyze my house would be great.

Thanks.

Marg

There is a Dr. Richie Shoemaker in Marlyand that deals with molds and biotoxins. He has a site and has written several books. They are listed on his site. You can do a search on him and go to his site. He even has an online test you can take for $15.00 or so. He is a detective and usually can find what is wrong. There is a video on his site abut a man he helped thaat all others had given up on, very interesting story.

floydguy

I have some inquiries for those who detected mold or other toxins in their house.

What should a person look for in an inspection for possible CFS causes in toxins ?

How common are other toxins such as asbestos or radon gas?

Any suggestions before I book an inspector to come analyze my house would be great.

Thanks.

Shoemaker often insists on ERMI testing:

http://www.ermimoldtest.com/

citybug

Does ARMI tell you enough or do you need ERMi? How long should you not vacuum? Since I haven't in a very long time I worry it would be skewed, should vacuum then wait how long?