• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Modavigil Modafinil Provigil Source

Thanks, I have that but I don't find it as effective as modafinil. Modafinil can give a great 2 days of energy and concentration but then there is sometimes a price to pay but it is a handy tool if you need to complete something.
BTW, where do you buy Trazadone?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Thanks, I have that but I don't find it as effective as modafinil. Modafinil can give a great 2 days of energy and concentration but then there is sometimes a price to pay but it is a handy tool if you need to complete something.
BTW, where do you buy Trazadone?
do u sleep when on modafinil? http://www.antiaging-systems.com/27-adrafinil-olmifon

Trazadone i buy from here http://www.universaldrugstore.com/medications/Trazodone but u will need a prescription which u just email them a copy but there are other online pharmacy's where one can buy them without a script but cost a little more. I normally take it with imovane and it improves sleep qualityetc

normally it doesn't affect my sleep although it prob has once or twice. i think it is more the extra drive it gives that makes you want to stay up later.
heaps - thanks for the Trazadone link, i have looked for it before and failed.
xks - it's trial and error, because we are all different i live by the mantra of trying everything i can get my hands on :) a doc once called it 'drug seeking behaviour' and i said .... 'well yeah'.

heapsreal

I recently ordered some adrafinil online not long ago. I took it this morning to see what would happen energy wise, cognition etc. After an hour i got some stimulation, abit of a light sweat i guess, maybe abit like being over caffeinated and lasted an hour. Thats it, nothing now, so unimpressed. Will give it another shot but i think i get better energy with acetyl tyrosine and dopa macuna combo. ANother trial error experiment completed and ticked off my list of things to try.

heapsreal

ok, i have used adrafinil a couple of times since. I think its effects are very suttle and not what i was expecting so missed it i guess. Without sounding like im contradicting myself, i dont think its energising but it does reduce fatigue and sleepiness which i guess is why its used for shift workers. Last night i had a poor nights sleep, i have had worse but was expecting to feel very crappy today while at work. I think it did help, i wasnt bouncing around with energy but i also wasnt dragging myself around like i thought i would have too. By the end of the day i had a bit of a headache but thats expected with a crappy night of sleep.

If someone is looking for an energy boost from it then i dont think u will get one but if someone has had a crappy nights sleep and needs to function the next day for work, then i think it maybe of some use. I have just used the minimum dose of 1x300mg cap, where its recommended to take upto 2-3 throughout the day.

Because its effects are so suttle im still not sure on it, but will try it here and there when i have slept poorly and need to function the next day.

cheers!!!

i have played with both and am currently playing with modafinil again. i def find modafinil much better. i don't find it affects sleep.
i have been taking half a modafinil and half a zyban (Bupropion) and i find it very energizing but i think it might push your body past it's mitachondrial limits somtimes (if that makes sense).
still, good to be alert and motivated. also for people with blood pressure problems the increase in dopamine should help.

heapsreal

I feel like i still have that bit lethargy and feels like lack of motivation, but i think its just cfs based. I am doing other things to try and improve my health. I have been trialing adrafinil 300mg x 1 and it works abit.

Today i really wanted to start some type of exercise( short strength work outs), nothing huge, especially now i have dropped 2 shifts a fortnight so i have abit more time to recover and try and get fit?? so today i took 2 adrafinil pills, well it definately got me going, felt motivated and plenty of energy for a good 8 hours, so i think i have been using a too lower dose prior. So we will see how my recovery ability goes, hoping by tweeking my hormone treatments and the extra days off work will help recovery.

The price of adrafinil per pill is cheaper then modafinil but not when i need to take 2 adrafinil. So when i run out of adrafinil, i will try modafinil or the newer armodafinil. Not something im going to use all the time but maybe twice a week. It seems to be recommended by the makers for daily use if required and said to be much safer then traditional stimulants and is used for narcolepsy, shift work and depression as well as other fatigue issues. So far adrafinil doesnt seem to affect my sleep, yeah!!, see how we go tonight after lifting the dose??

hi Dan
did the higher dose affect your sleep? i think you should try the Modavigil, i have played with Adrafinil too but M seems more precise.
i am taking half a Modavigil and hald a Zyban. seems pretty good. take them every day. good to have concentration.
i just try and use supplements to keep my fuel up.
one of the hard things with CFS is separating the motivation from the tiredness. i think both need to be attacked.
do you use COQ10 or Ribose, i know you would have used them before.
cheers
Richard

heapsreal

Was harder to fall asleep on 600mg of adraf, im looking at using it occassionally, not on ribose at moment but use creatine and other mito supps like q10/carnitine etc
The cheap source of modalert is attractive, put it on my to do list.

cheers!!!

Hi Richard....I do realise that this post is a few months old....but no one seems to have answered your question....and since I have just started taking Modalert and it literally has changed my life.....I got it from United Pharmacies in Singapore.......Although I paid for express shipping......it was pretty slow......but I got what I asked for......and I know the pharmacy is legit as we used to use it when I lived in Borneo!

Dont buy it from edandmore i heard their spier generic brand of modafinil is underdosed or fake

heapsreal

The place i have got it from i think is also in singapore and cost me like $7 for 10x200mg modafinil/modalert and they work well, i had the opportunity to try a prescribed modafinil that was obtained from a local chemist and comparisons with the stuff online, i would say there was no difference.

I will say this that when your in a crash and absolutely spent, nothing works as the dead horse has been whipped:ill:

hi Ladyofthellamas, thanks for the response - better late than never (as is mine). good to hear you are having success with modalert. i have tried the modalert from rxshop.md but i found it had a nasty edge so i am paying full price again. i might give your singaporean pharmacy a go.
have you tried the expensive version, if so how did it compare?